Following are previous activities sponsored and supported by the Kinship Activity:
- 2014 5K in Texas
- 2011 “Kindness Drive” — Enlisted people from all over the country to commit to doing at least one act of kindness daily for 40 days.
- 2010 “Spirit Rides the Wind” – A bike quest to honor the 100th anniversary of Hejerat Day: September 13, 1910 – September 13, 2010. The riders were sponsored and proceeds went towards the distribution of “Way of the Heart” a DVD chronicling the life and legacy of Pir-o-Murshid Hazart Inayat Khan.
- Prison Book Project – The Kinship Activity sponsors the Prison Book Project, which distributes books on spiritual topics – particularly books by Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan – to people who are incarcerated.
- The Hope Project – the Hope Project currently runs a community health centre, a creche, a non-formal school, vocational training courses, a thrift and credit program, and a women’s micro-enterprise unit.
- 2008 The Abode Barn Raising – The Abode Barn Raising was a collaborative project that resulted in the re-siding of an old Shaker barn at the Abode of the Message in New Lebanon, NY. Hundreds of volunteers gathered together to share work, joy and community to beautify the barn. There were many skilled carpenters but the majority of workers were just happy to be told what to do and to offer their hearts and hands to this loving service. The barn became resplendent with its new siding and fresh paint. The workers were exhausted but glowing on the inside.
- Mureeds Emergency Relief Fund – Financial assistance of up to $1,000 is made available to 10 mureeds (committed Sufi practitioners) per year.